Sunday, February 19, 2012

The Three Musketeers



We had Program Implementation Review and Year-end evaluation in SBMA. Together with our Physician and Pharmacist from OSC, we presented the Malaria Status of our town. I am the coordinator for the said program thus I am the one who did all the reports and presented it to the Regional and Provincial Coordinator. One of the big differences of working in a hospital from Rural Health Centers are collating data and presenting a report.

I am really expecting that our physician would help me add more inputs, but what I have observed from other RHUs who had a male boss, most of the reporting and planning are done either by the Nurse, Med. Tech. or the midwife. Good thing our MHO is female, thus most of the time she does all the reporting and planning.

We travelled through the private car of our physician. Our dentist also went with us. Our doctor is our driver and our baggage boy. Good thing, he doesn’t complain, maybe he’s afraid of Ate Jean. One thing I observed though, from his car stereo, one song that keeps on repeating, I really wonder if the Audio CD is defective. The song is “Marry Me”, originally sung by Bruno Mars, but the version he has is some sort of a cappella and acoustic version.

Hearing it many times, I almost told him, “Okay I marry you”, hahaha! I really felt there is something wrong. He is not concentrating with the Seminar/Workshop and he’s not helping me with the planning. He made notes for the planning but he did not give it to me. I consider him as a younger brother, thus it’s really weird to see him act strangely. All I know is he has set his wedding on July.

Or maybe, all are depressed because few days from now it’s Valentines’ Day. I admit, even me had undergone depression for the past few weeks. This year, for the first time after more than 4 years, I am single. My drama since the first day of February is, “Wala man lang akong masabihan ng Happy Valentines’ Day, I love you!”

So I call our group, the 3 musketeers, one lost her groom (me), one is soon to be groom (the doc) and one who’s thinking to be a nun (the pharmacist) . But with our minds always drifting somewhere we still had done our job well.

~ February 09, 2012 @ Buena Casa Hosteria, SBMA

No comments: