Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Ginoo, Walay Sukod (Praise Song)

They say that Filipinos have lots of dialects, and I admit I only know two. One I can speak fluently, which is Ilokano, and I understand Sambal (the dialect of Zambaleños). But Bisaya? I just know a few words. But then the dialect, inspires me so much, why? I just don't know, maybe because of the fact that most of my favorite singers, like Sheryn Regis, Mark Bautista; bands like M.Y.M.P, Freestyle, Side A and Southborder came from that part where the dialect is predominantly Bisaya.

I only understand the part that says " Ginoo, walay sukod imong kaayo", meaning "Panginoon, walang makakahigit sa iyong kabaitan". I guess whatever we had experienced in our lives, be it joys, sadness, pains and hurts, we should always give thanks. Because even if there are hurts and pains, it teaches us to grow and be brave to face life. I can still see God's kindness, beyond the hurt I feel inside.

If anyone can translate this whole song for me, just email me. I'll gladly appreciate it.

Ginoo, Walay Sukod (Praise Song)
From M.Y.M.P.'s album "Beyond Acoustic"
Words and Music by Juris Fernandez & Carla Lozada


Nagpapasalamat kami
Sa kinabuhing gihatag kanamo
Sa kalipay nga among gibati
Sa among pag-ampo
Ginoo, Dung-ga kami


Salamat, salamat ginoo
Walay sukod imong kaayo (2x)

Walay pagmahay ginoo
Sa among pagsalig kanimo
Ang kalipay ug among kasakit
Gihalad kanimo
Ginoo, dawata kami

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jean... here's a literal translation by my husband who is Cebuano...God bless...

Nagpapasalamat kami
(Nagpapasalamat kami)
Sa kinabuhing gihatag kanamo
(Sa buhay na iyong ibinigay)
Sa kalipay nga among gibati
(Sa ligayang aming nadarama)
Sa among pag-ampo
(Sa aming mga panalangin)
Ginoo, Dung-ga kami
(O Diyos, iyong dinggin)

Salamat, salamat ginoo
(Salamat, salmat O Diyos)
Walay sukod imong kaayo (2x)
(Walang katulad ang iyong kabutihan)

Walay pagmahay ginoo
(Walang pangamba O Diyos)
Sa among pagsalig kanimo
(Sa aming pananalig sa iyo)
Ang kalipay ug among kasakit
(Ang ligaya at lungkot man)
Gihalad kanimo
(Aming inaalay sa iyo)
Ginoo, dawata kami
(O Diyos, tanggapin mo)

Jean MMelgar Puzon said...

hello joyce...thanks for translation,esp to your husband for taking the time to translate it..god bless and have a nice weekend!!! jean

Anonymous said...

❤️❤️❤️

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for translating and commenting! I am deeply struck by this song. This song is also very nostalgic to me. I remember when I was in high school, we had a field trip in Baguio and Benguet. I listened to this song repeatedly. This song matches the weather, peacefulness and beauty of these places. I am also amazed that this song was written in Ilokano. It really emphasizes the gratefulness of the people of Baguio and Benguet where majority are Ilocanos. Right now, I started to keep on listening to this song over and over again. Again, thank you so much
❤️🫰🏻🫶🏻