Wednesday, April 03, 2019

When 75% Grade Excels

       "I said: 'It's okay ma. If you give me 78, what would I do with the excess grade? I only need 75 to go to the stage. Why ask me to exert effort to get a 90? How many hours do I need to spend studying? I did not want to study," he added. 



      Duterte, who won by landslide in 2016, noted that his Cabinet members, who excelled in academics, are now taking orders from someone who was used to getting 75.

"Do not pressure your children. Others hurt their children. I said 75 is okay. Duterte style," he said.



***My co intern in #sluclinicallaboratories said the same thing, almost 23 years ago. I had always been grade concious. I heard him whispered to another co-intern. “Bakit kasi gusto nya pa ng mataas na grade, pwd namang 75 lang, aanhin naman nya ang sobra sobra” He’s now an MD, specializing on Neurosurgery (hope i got that right 😆) Yup, medals, high grades, you’ll never know, success may come even if you’re grade is 75 or your achievement is being a runner-up of a singing contest or SLU BSMT Batch 1997's version of actor Keanu Reeves. Cheer up!

                                          


No comments: